The goals of the Wyomissing Playgrounds are to enrich the physical and social development of our children, to maintain a safe, supervised environment, and to provide age- appropriate activities during the specified playground hours.
PRINT THIS PAGE FOR YOUR REFERENCE (or bookmark in your browser)
RULES & REGULATIONS
- AGE REQUIREMENTS: Tot Lot is for children ages 4 to 6. Children must be 4 by 9/1/17 to participate in this program. Playground is for children ages 7 to 13. Children must be 7 by 9/1/17. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- SUPERVISION: Parents, please remember this is a supervised playground program. Our purpose is to offer structured and supervised recreational and leisure activities for the youth of the Wyomissing Borough (ages 4-13). WE DO NOT MEET THE GUIDELINES TO BE A DAYCARE PROGRAM. There will not be supervision at the playground site except during program times. No child of any age may arrive for the playground programs before 9 AM.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
• TOT LOT: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Monday – Friday. Tot Lot children must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian.
• PLAYGROUND: 9:00 AM to Noon, Monday – Friday. 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday. Playground children may sign themselves in and out.
• TARDINESS: Tot Lot and Playground end promptly at 11 AM and Noon, respectively. Children are to be picked up at these times. Parents who are consistently late when picking up their children will be notified by the Playground Director, and membership may be revoked.
• RAIN POLICY: The playground program is a “sunny weather” program. In the event of rain, both Tot Lot and Playground will be closed.
- SAFETY: All children must walk their bikes/scooters up and down the hill during playground hours. In addition, bikes/scooters may not be ridden during playground hours.
- PLAYGROUND CONDUCT:
- Use playground equipment properly.
- Follow staff directions at all times.
- Treat others the same way you would want to be treated. Show respect to other participants and to leaders at all times.
- Fighting will not be tolerated.
- Use of electronic devices during playground hours will not be allowed. Cell phone use to contact a parent or guardian is permissible.
- DISCIPLINARY POLICY: Disciplinary problems will be handled in the following manner:
a. The staff member involved in the incident will file a written incident report.
b. The Playground Director will discuss the first and second incident with the parent.
c. Following the third incident, the parents will be contacted by the Playground Director to remove their child from the program.
- ILLNESS POLICY: Please keep your child at home if he or she is sick. If, at any time, we feel that your child is too sick or contagious to remain at the playground, you will be contacted and asked to pick-up your child immediately.
- ANIMAL POLICY: Borough Ordinance.938 will be enforced: “No person shall bring any animal upon any property used for education, public or recreational purposes, nor shall any person permit any animal to enter any property used for such purposes, provided this shall not preclude any use of a seeing eye dog.”
- SPECIAL NEEDS: If your child has a disability and requires an auxiliary aide service or other accommodation to participate in the playground program then you must contact the Recreation Director to discuss how the Wyomissing Borough can best accommodate the child’s need.
- COMMUNICATION: Updates concerning all summer programs are available on Facebook. Simply “like” the Borough of Wyomissing Parks and Recreation Page.
- FALSE STATEMENTS: The Recreation Department may remove any child from the program if the registration form is found to contain any false information.