Tennis Committee: Eric Donahue, Steve Pottieger
Tennis courts are available for Borough residents next to the Stone House
The Wyomissing Parks and Recreation Department offers a summer program for children 5 years and up. The program will be under the direction of Mr. Jeremy Gibney, an experienced tennis instructor. Mr. Gibney is a graduate of Mount St. Mary’s College where he was Captain of the Men’s Tennis Team. He was inducted into the Berks Catholic (Holy Name) Athletic Hall of Fame in 2012.
Place: Stone House Tennis Courts, weather permitting. Dates: 1st week of lessons begins on Monday June 19th and the last week of lessons ends on Friday August 11th.
8-11 years – 10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
12 and up – 11:00 A.M. to Noon
5-7 years -11:15 A.M. to Noon – players will use an age appropriate net.
- 1 Week Session = $40
- 2 Week Session = $70
- 4 Week Session = $100
- 8 Week Season = $160
Participants may sign up for one week session or the whole 8 Week season. Early Sign Ups: will be at the Wyomissing Pool, on May 18th/19th & May 25th/26th — 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM. In Season Sign ups: are available at the Stone House Courts.
- Play will be limited to one hour, unless the courts are not in demand.
- Only approved tennis shoes are to be worn on the tennis courts.
- Court courtesy and ethics are to be observed at all times by all players.
- Private tennis lessons permitted only by the Recreational Tennis staff.
- Please report any concerns to the Parks and Recreation Department at 610-376-7481