The Borough zoning ordinance and map were recently revised, by the adoption of Ordinance No. 1381-2017, at the January 2017 Borough Council meeting. The new ordinance and map are now available on the Borough’s website. The revisions include:
- The creation of the new C-3 and I-3 districts
- Changing an existing R-1 neighborhood in the Berkshire Heights area to the C-1 district
- Amending language in the Commercial and Industrial Overlay District regulations
- Regulating medical marijuana, pawn shops, tattoo parlors and treatment facilities within the new C-3 and I-3 districts
- Revising the language within the sign regulations to remove “and/or” language
- Authorizes the zoning hearing board to comply with ADA regulations when approving variances/special exceptions.
If you have any questions related to the revised ordinance or map, please contact Michele Bare at email@example.com, or at 610-676-7481.