If you anticipate opening a new business or renting/leasing property to a tenant within the Borough of Wyomissing, it is imperative that you file an Application for a Business Privilege License. Pursuant to Ordinance No. 1346, amending Ordinance No. 1237, it provides that any person desiring to conduct, or to continue to conduct, any business within the Borough of Wyomissing, shall file an application for a Business Privilege License directly with the Berks Earned Income Tax Bureau, and shall pay fees based on the chart below. Renewal documentation will be mailed in December for the succeeding year.
Please keep in mind that failure to comply with the above-referenced Ordinance or conducting business in the Borough of Wyomissing without a current Business Privilege License can result in a fine up to $600 dollars, plus costs associated with prosecution.
BUSINESS PRIVILEGE CONTACT:
Berks Earned Income Tax Bureau
1125 Berkshire Boulevard, Suite 115
Wyomissing, PA 19610
The Berks Earned Income Tax Bureau is responsible for answering questions, processing applications and payments for Business Privilege Licenses.
A business privilege license is NOT transferable with the sale of a business or change in ownership.
A new application must be filed if the business is sold or changes ownership
BUSINESS PRIVILEGE LICENSE CATEGORIES:
TEMPORARY BUSINESS PRIVILEGE LICENSE
- This is defined as a business that is conducted at one location for less than 60 consecutive days in a year which includes trade shows (i.e., baseball/football card sales), exhibitions, conferences, seminars of any type, etc.
- The Temporary License Application fee is $20.00
- The Temporary License Application and fee are to be returned to Borough Hall
RENTAL BUSINESS PRIVILEGE LICENSE
This is defined as renting property to a tenant whether it be commercial or residential.
- Complete and submit the Rental Business Privilege License Application to Berks Earned Income Tax Bureau along with the applicable fees (fees listed above).
- Complete and submit the Rental Unit Permit Application to the Borough of Wyomissing along with the applicable Rental Inspection Permit fees (fees listed below).
- The submission and approval of the Rental Unit Permit Application along with the appropriate Rental Inspection Program fees, will place your rental property or properties on an inspection cycle.
RATE SCHEDULE FOR RENTAL INSPECTION PROGRAM [Res. 2016-13]
Number of Units Fee Inspection Frequency 1-2 $60 /unit Every 2 years 3-20 $60/first unit and $40/each additional unit Every 2 years 21 or more $35/unit Every 2 years